Benefits of a Geothermal Heat Pump
Why choose a Geothermal Heat Pump?
• Geothermal heating and cooling systems tap into huge deposits of energy, from the ground, right in your own backyard.
• 47% of the sun’s rays are absorbed into the earth in the form of thermal energy. That’s 500 times what we can use.
• Geothermal heating and cooling uses the relatively constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool homes and businesses with 40-70% less energy than conventional systems.
• The most efficient fuel burning heater can reach efficiencies around 95%. A geothermal system can move up to 4 units of heat for every unit of electricity needed to power it, resulting over 400% efficiency.
• Geothermal systems are quieter, last longer, need little maintenance, and do not depend on the temperature of the outside air.
• Geothermal is considered a renewable energy because it returns heat to the ground during the cooling season renewing the earth for another cycle.
• The additional costs for a geothermal system are returned to you in energy savings in 5-10 years. System life is estimated at 25-50 years.
• It provides year-round comfort to your home that is second to none. And it generates zero on-site emissions in the process, as well as the lowest overall emissions among traditional heating and cooling systems.
Now you can save up to 30% off the total cost of installation with a federal tax credit! Not only do you get to save money on your energy bill each month, but you also get big savings off the cost of a new system installation.